Understanding Our Business
Who Should Attend
This 1-day course will be of interest to all staff who would like to: understand the changes occurring within the financial industry and the impact on credit union’s profit, discover how the credit union earns its profits, and recognize what they can do every day on the job to positively impact profitability.
You will learn about:
- Becoming a part of a “strategic planning” process for your credit union.
- The impact that globalization and changes in demographics, competition, economics, technology, social and customer trends have on the financial industry.
- How profit is measured through the income statement, balance sheet and key ratios.
- How changes in the financial industry affect your credit union’s profitability.
- How credit unions are addressing the major changes occurring in the financial industry (includes describing general business planning processes and setting of targets).